Why should hospitals focus on pain?
More Americans suffer from pain than diabetes, coronary heart disease and cancer combined.
Despite the need, hospitals often lack an efficient system for pain management. As a result, the current system is often more harmful than helpful to the individual and the community.
The current system can’t handle the need.
In the current system of pain management, patients are confused about where to receive appropriate pain management services.
Lack of an organized pain management treatment program leads to:
- frustrated primary care physicians,
- inappropriate medication management,
- pain patients seeking care in the emergency department,
- patients confused about which specialist to see for their care,
- patients lost from the hospital system,
- and an overall lack of care coordination.
We have a solution.
Our partners are talking.
- William Kose, MD, Chief Quality Officer, Blanchard Valley Health System
- Bill Watkins, CAO, Blanchard Valley Medical Practices
- Patrick J. Martin, FACHE, Past President, Fisher-Titus Medical Center